Saturday, January 14, 2012

Most of the time my job is amazing. I get to be a part of a very special time in a family's history.  The birth of a child.  Wonderful, magical, joyful.

Then there are those times that my job isn't so great.  Calling parents in the wee hours of  the morning to tell them they better come in to the unit... something has gone wrong.... their baby is ill....

Soooo....
I want to be a baker.  Cake baker.  Cupcake baker.  Baker of all that is sweet and delicious. I have been supplying the night shift staff in my unit with goodies for a while now.  The other day, after a sad and hard night at work I made a butter rum cake.  It was delish! I actually made two.  A small one for my husband and a big one for no one in particular.  It will be going to work with me tonight.

I got my first "order" for a cake... A carrot cake for a ladies bunko group.  How much to charge?  Probably nothing... It is for my mother's bunko group.  But it is a start.

Monday I am going to practice making those pretty little flowers you find on fancy cakes.... Do you think Carlos the Cake Boss could take me in and teach me a few things.... Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment