Thursday, January 5, 2012

Birthdays

Yesterday was the day I gave birth to two of my children.  No not twins.  They were born seven years apart.  At the end of the day here were some of my thoughts....

Why do we celebrate the birthday with the person that was birthed.... I think the mother should be celebrated on each and every one of their children's birthdays.  She is the one that carried you in her belly for 9+ months.  Went throught DAYs of labor before pushing you out of (well you know)... With an epidural placed at the last minute.... She is also the one that fed you with another part of her body, changed your diapers, comforted you when you cried, protected you from harm, taught you all kinds of good stuff.  Kissed your owies (ok well I sort of told you all to walk it off) but at least that taught you to be tough....
And not to mention the fact that once you are a mother there is no going back.  For me X 4.  My children (all adults...at least by age numbers) still need their mom. I am ok with that.  Except I think I would like presents now on all of their birthdays.  Let's celebrate the ones that actually gave the kids life.

So Happy 30th Birthday Sarah and Happy 23rd Birthday Jordan.... When do I get my presents???

No comments:

Post a Comment