I love a good storm.
Except in Phoenix.
The wind blows. Now in most places a little wind creates the beginning of a dramatic storm.
In Phoenix it creates dirt. Not just a little dirt but huge amounts of dirt.
Everywhere. The pool turns into a mud bath. The patio becomes the sahara desert. The kitchen has a fine layer of grit on the granite counters. The floors are slick with the dust covering.
Then and only then does it rain. A huge rain would be fine because at least the outside dirt would sort of wash away. But it isn't usually a huge rain. It is 23 big drops. Just count em. Just enough to turn the sweepable (is that a word?) dirt into mud.
I guess I shouldn't complain because at least the temperature drops from the 100's to maybe lower 90's. Sometimes even the high 80's. But then there is the humidity.
Another thing the wind does is fly crazy critters into the pool.
Last night my husband was going to take a quick dip to cool off before bedtime.
He came flying in the house, grabbed a flashlight and shoes, and rushed back outside yelling "I've got to take care of something!" Hmmm do I put on shoes and go investigate. NO WAY.
I just hope whatever it is doesnt sting, bite or attack.
He comes in with a grin and says it was only a snake in the pool. ONLY A SNAKE!!!!!
Guess I'm done in the pool for this year.....
No comments:
Post a Comment