Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Birthdays....

I used to think Birthdays were for celebrating the day you were born.  Today I am celebrating (and thankful for) another year of life. 

This last year has been a challenging one. It seems my body decided to throw some curve balls at me.  What the heck is "grade four" arthritis?  Does that mean it is at the top of its class?  You know the best you can get?  Apparently not. 

Also the words "Oh by the way there is a 'mass' in your brain and you should probably follow up with a neuro surgeon" sort of take you by surprise... kind of like you are in a dream and not really hearing what is being said...

Also the words "It's a torn ligament in your foot and you probably will NEVER play tennis again (exaggeration on my part) sort of feel like a punch in the stomach when you were trying to become the best, baddest over 50 player at your club....

So today is my birthday. Happy Birthday to me. 

What I have decided about this 52nd year is that I am overthrowing this revolution.  I am the queen of my self and I am going to tackle this arthritic, brain tumored, foot aching body with a vengence.  So look out body.... I have some tricks up my sleeve and am on my way to reclaiming what is mine!!!

By the way... the brain tumor is benign.. Just hanging out in there for the ride I guess....

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment